Go Back   Eclectic Horseman Magazine: Just What Works! - Horsemanship in Action > Horse Event Announcements - Post Clinics and Events Here > Horsemanship Clinic Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Horsemanship Clinic Reports Share your experiences and obersrvations from clinics you've attended.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Eclectic Rider

Thumbs down Clinton Anderson Downunder Horsemanship

Hi folks,
Clinton Anderson was in Nampa, Idaho this last weekend. Some friends of mine went and wanted me to meet them after. So I slipped in for the last hour or so.(Glad I did not have dole out the dough) Besides spending a large portion of his time selling his products, what horse training he did was scary.

I watched the trailer loading segment, the horse was very unwilling to load and had major respect issues, (like to run over you to get to the gate). Clinton using his stick w/o a flag on it, would beat the horse on the side of the face with it. What I noticed was when Clinton was out of balance or in the way of the direction he wanted the horse to travel, he would beat this horse on the head with his stick.
What I found interesting was he got after the horse for invading his space, but when he wanted him to load into the trailer, he faced the horse and beat on him until he invaded his space. I wonder how many horses end up at the vet this week with poked out eyes.

Has anyone else seen any of his clinics? I am not sure how he gets it sold.
I tried to email him or his company, but they only except emails for product questions. Hmmmmmm.

Slydn